Law Office of Jacqueline Demarest

Immigration Lawyer

HomeAbout UsAnnouncementsEmployment Based Family SponsoredOther ServicesContact Us

Employment Based Permanent Residence
        An employment based permanent residence visa, also referred to as a “green card” allows a foreign national to work and live lawfully and permanently in the United States. Most employment based permanent residence petitions require the submission of a PERM application to the U.S. Dept of Labor and an I-140 to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). There are 5 permanent worker visa categories under which foreign workers or their employers can file petitions to immigrate legally, including:
Priority Workers
        -individuals with Extraordinary Ability in the sciences, arts, education, business or Athletics.
        -Multinational Managers or Executives
        -Outstanding professors or researchers
Professionals with Advanced Degrees or Exceptional Ability
       -individuals with Master Degrees or individuals with Bachelor Degree plus minimum of 5years experience
       -individuals with exceptional ability in sciences, arts, or business
Skilled Workers, Professionals and Unskilled Workers
       -individuals whose jobs require a minimum of 2 years of experience
       -individuals whose jobs require a minimum of a bachelor degree
       -individuals whose jobs require less than 2 years of experience
Certain Special Immigrants
       -religious workers
       -ordained ministers
Immigrant Investors

Employment Based Temporary Visas
We have helped thousands of individuals and companies in a non-immigrant context as they seek non-immigrant employment visas. These documents provide foreign nationals with the necessary authorization to be employed in the United States.  We work closely with both individuals and their employers in obtaining the appropriate type of temporary visa, including:
E-1 & E-2
H-1b1 Chile/Singapore
Employment Authorization Document (EAD)
Miscellaneous Short-Term Visa Options

With over 30 years of experience, our office has successfully assisted a wide variety of foreign national visa applicants and American employers move swiftly through the employment immigration process. No matter what type of legal situation you or your loved ones are involved, the Law Office of Jacqueline Demarest is here to help you.  We understand that each situation is unique and are determined to help guide foreign workers and U.S. employers through the employment based permanent residency process. We can help prepare complicated applications, help determine the proper visa category and help fulfill additional requirements smoothly. 

Contact our New York employment immigration attorney to help you obtain permanent residency or temporary work visas and join the proud American workforce today! Call us to schedule a consultation at (212) 285-2222.

Banner Image

Employment Based Immigration Lawyer